Ambassador Valet Parking Co. draws on more than a half-century of parking expertise and the care of a family-operated business to assure you established, reliable valet service. When choosing the best valet service, there is an important checklist of considerations:
- Established company
- Personalized service and dependable, responsible parking performance
- Trained, uniformed parking associates
- Insured and able to offer client protection against exposure to liabilities
- Full service
- Guaranteed prices and service terms in writing
- Ambassador Valet Parking Co. offers you all of these as well as some important intangibles like courtesy and pride in doing a job well
Ambassador Valet Parking Company’s Management Team has certain beneficial characteristics which distinguish them from other parking companies.
- Locally owned and operated for eighty one (81) years
- Principals involved in the day-to-day operations. There is no need to go through unnecessary layers of out of town management.
- Ambassador Valet will provide complete and professional valet parking service to all guests and patrons.
- Superb relationship with the Police Departments fostered by personal relationships at the command level and all lower echelons. Our Chairman Emeritus Jack Pohrer is past Chairman of the Partnership for Downtown St. Louis Security Committee. This committee meets on a monthly basis at the 4th District Police Station, and is attended by the Captain and other key Police Officers of the 4th District.
- Our business philosophy is listening to the Owner and adapting the organization to those specific needs.
- Ran the golf parking operations for 1992 PGA Championship, 2004 U.S. Senior Open (parking over 20,000 cars daily), 2008 BMW Championship, and 2013 Senior PGA Championship
- Ran the parking at the 2014 and 2016 St. Louis County Air Show where the crowd estimates were approximately 175,000 over two days.
- Largest valet parking company in Missouri
- Maintains a parking rate survey to advise Owners of trends and rate changes in the market.
Our in-depth knowledge of local market dynamics provides important assurance that our services will always be directly relevant to client need. Decades of experience within the St. Louis community allows us to provide valuable perspective on emerging trends and regional growth. Whether we’re helping our clients with the planning phase of a new project or managing the operation of an existing facility, this extensive knowledge lets us foresee and overcome obstacles to our clients’ success. Because we are an independently owned and operated business, our clients are able to interact directly with the principals of the firm, giving them the confidence that we will stand behind the promises we’ve made. For many of our clients and vendors in the St. Louis community, our working relationship can be measured in decades. We are proud of our heritage and legacy and stand ready to support your future.
A St. Louis Tradition
Ambassador Valet Parking Company is built on a foundation of integrity and professionalism. In 1933, Edward F. Pohrer started our affiliate company, St. Louis Parking Company. The corporate philosophy was then adopted of providing motorists with parking facilities noted for their convenience, efficiency, cleanliness, and safety. Three generations strong of experience in the St. Louis market, Robert Pohrer leads his team and the way for Ambassador Valet Parking Company. The largest valet company in the St Louis area, Ambassador Valet Parking Company manages and operates the valet business for healthcare and hospitality partners supported by a team of valet parking professionals consisting of Managers, Supervisors and as well as over one hundred (100) hourly associates available to meet the demands in the St. Louis area.
Our Mission & Values
Continuity – Assured relationship with the same top management and project manager without turnover or transfer.
Individualized Client Approach – Listen to Property Manager / Owner and adapt the operational model to those specific needs. In addition, our philosophy is to treat the Owner openly and honestly and care for their facilities just as if they were owned by Ambassador Valet Parking Company.
Hands-on Management – The principals are hands-on top management, and are active and experienced in day-to-day valet parking operations. There are not unnecessary layers of parking management between Managers, Owners, or Customers; this ensures on-call immediate response and personal attention from the actual stakeholders in the company. We are proud of the fact that we are able to offer a direct line to the Company’s stakeholders.
Relationships – We value relationships above all else by building great partnerships through developing strong relationships with our clients, community, and team members because we are an independently owned and operated business, our clients are able to interact directly with the principals of the firm, giving them the confidence that we will stand behind the promises we’ve made. For many of our clients and vendors in the St. Louis community, our working relationship can be measured in decades.
At Ambassador Valet Parking Company, we are proud of our legacy and stand ready to support your future.
Ambassador Valet Executive Team
Robert represents the third generation of Pohrers in the parking business and has been with Ambassador Valet Parking Company since 2002. Getting his start in the parking business at an early age, Robert spent his summers in high school and college working for both Ambassador Valet Parking Company as well as for St. Louis Parking Company. As President of the Valet Division, Robert leads both Ambassador Valet Parking Company and Aristocrat Valet Parking Company. Robert oversees the Valet Division's financial and strategic plans. Robert drives new business opportunities and maintains strong relationships with potential and existing clients, acquisition candidates, and other strategic partners. Robert is a member of the St. Louis Sports Commission and is an active member of the National Parking Association. Robert attended Saint Louis University High School and Spring Hill College.
Ambassador Valet Director of Operations
Brian joined Ambassador Valet Parking Company in 2000 as a Special Event Driver. Brian has served as a Supervisor and Account Manager at full service hotels and medical facilities ensuring the operation meets client and customers expectations. Brian oversees the Ambassador Valet Parking Company's portfolio of locations through his leadership of the company's management team and Special Event division.